To access all the modified features of Office you need to activate the software, this not only brings more option to your but also expands the software’s legitimacy. Though there has been errors users face while installing office or activating it. Many times the error can be fixed by creating system restore, but it is not always reliable solution for certain errors.
The primary reason for this error is data & time sync problem but there could be any other fault also. The error can also be due to the overload on office Activation Servers. Try to fix the error starting with making some very basic changes to your system. If the change does not fix the Office activation error, you can opt to execute other methods later on.
Procedure to resolve Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074
- Hover over the taskbar and select the time and date option
- Clicking on the date and time, you will find ‘Change date and time settings..’ option, proceed by clicking on that
- If you have a Windows operating system, choose the option of ‘Set Time Automatically’ and turn on the activity. If you have any other operating system, change the settings and make sure your system is ‘Automatically synchronized with Internet time server.’
- Choose ‘time.windows.com’ server, click update and then ‘OK’. It will automatically start the update
In most of the cases, the modification fixes the activation error. If the office activation error still occurs or you see Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074 on your screen, follow the steps below.
- Disable and then enable DNS host
- Click windows icon on the taskbar and in the search bar, type Run or simply press Windows key + R altogether any type or paste – regedit in the field
- Click on and you will be prompted to the mentioned registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- Go to the registry key and create a new DWORD Value called “DisableDnsPublishing” and set the value to 1
- This will put out the action of DNS publishing. Next, your need to enable the publishing again and this time set the value to 0
After performing all the steps above, try to activate your office setup. If you are able to activate your office setup without any error, the error code 0xC004F074 is now fixed. You can also fix the office error by installing Office Activation Wizard. If you still encounter the same error, you can get in touch with experts by calling on Office Customer Support.