Have you ever heard of Microsoft Office Picture Manager? If not, then here’s a complete tutorial about using and managing pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. But, first of all, we will learn what it is. In simpler terms, we can say that by using this feature, a user can easily edit, view, share, as well as manage images no matter on which location they are stored on your PC. There is also a feature in it known as “Locate Pictures”. This feature allows you to find images easily because it undergoes a powerful search process which lets you find it. After finding your pictures, the tool corrects it if any correction is needed in it.
There are a few more tools available in the Manager which lets you crop the picture, expand it, and use it. Not only this, but you can also share these images with anybody from anywhere i.e. email message. Moreover, you can also create a ‘Picture Library’ to locate the pictures immediately and find it without undergoing any hassle. Sadly, The Microsoft Office Picture Manager is not available for all the versions of Office. It is only available for Office 2007 and Office 2010 but not only for the versions that came later than 2010. For those versions of Office, you may use the “Photos” app. This app is available in Microsoft Store on Windows devices.
Instructions to use Picture Manager
Note: It can be only used for editing a single image.
- First of all, go to the Start menu and locate the Picture Manager.
- Click on this option to open it.
- To find Picture Manager, you have to first click on the Start option.
- After this, select “All Programs” and then open the MS Office folder.
- Further, you need to expand the folder, MS Office Tools.
- From here, you can finally open, MS Office Picture Manager for the ultimate usage.
Steps to start using the Manager from an image
- First of all, find and open the image on which you wish to use the Picture Manager.
- Now, after locating the picture, right-click on it.
- Further, select the ‘Open with’ option or select ‘Microsoft Office’ whichever you see.
- It will take you directly to the Picture Manger with the image already present on it.
How to manage images using Picture Manager
Managing pictures is easy with this tool because then you do not have to navigate between different folders, or locations to locate a picture. Using it, a user can easily create a shortcut of images to navigate to them without any hassle. You simply do not have to create new categories as well. Also, you do not have to import pictures.
Read Also >> How to disable read receipts in Outlook?
Steps for creating a shortcut to a folder
- The first thing you need to do is go to the folder where you have stored the images.
- Now, right-click on that particular folder.
- Here, you need to select the option reading as ‘Create Shortcut”.
- Next, you can just tap and drag the shortcut to your desktop.
Steps to create a shortcut to an image
- Go to the picture of which you want to create a shortcut.
- Further, you need to right-click on it.
- Now, select the option reading as ‘Create Shortcut’.
- Now, hold and drag this shortcut to your desktop and right-click on it.
- Further, you need to select ‘Open with’ and then you can start editing your picture.
Edit options available in Picture Manager
You can adjust the following settings in an image by using the Office Picture Manager. You can adjust the following in it:
- Rotate and flip
- Red-eye removal
- Resize your picture
- Brightness and contrast
- Color as well as crop
After making all the desired changes, you can save it by tapping on the Save option. The best thing about this manager is that the original image retains even if you edit it completely. You can share these pictures in a workgroup or email them according to your convenience.