For more than 85% of organizations rely on Microsoft Office to manage their work and data. With the major benefit of making professional workflow easier, Office productivity suite delivers different sets of features that are simple to understand. Ranging users from students to professional, the software is the basic need to execute tasks such as making presentations, organizing sheets, slide shows, preparing charts & graphs, and much more than mentioned.
However, sometimes the software let its users down due to errors, which can be fixed providentially. One of the initial steps to resolve the issue it to uninstall MS office setup and then reinstall it, in some cases, it helps to get rid of the problems.
Why do you need to uninstall MS Office com setup?
- In case, you are unable to activate Office suite after exceeding the validity if MS office free version, you need to uninstall it to install a subscriber version
- Unable to connect with server
- Unknown error generation may hinder the access to your account
- When migrating to one product to another, you may need to uninstall the software to get the new version without an error
- When no Office utility is launching
In such situations, you can fix the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling the software. On the other hand, uninstalling the suit could also become an issue in itself.
In general, the problem while uninstalling Office setup takes place due to missing file(s), which causes frailer to remove the software completely. This stops further stops you to reinstall MS Office productivity suite to avoid software conflicts. To eliminate any of the conditions, follow the steps as mentioned below.
Steps to uninstall MS Office suite
Method 1: Manual process
- Go to control panel > Programs and features
- Click Uninstall programs
- A list of installed programs will appear, select Microsoft Office setup from the index and choose to uninstall it
If you are seen a dialogue box with a message similar to ‘try again’ or ‘Some file is missing’, you will need to take out the method mentioned below.
Method 2: Using removal tool process
- Go to the official Office website
- You can also search for Office.com/setup to explore options
- In the offered search bar, type your requirement and you will see relevant keyword
- Click on the uninstall Office or any suggestions most relevant
- A set of instructions will appear
- Choose your device (operating system)
- Click on the download button and select your browser on which you are executing the steps
- you will get a removal tool
- Launch the tool on your computer and follow the prompts by the tool to uninstall MS Office setup completely
Once the software is removed, follow steps to reinstall it without an error. Make sure you are using an updated web browser and all the extensions are disabled.
Steps to reinstall office setup on your computer
- Launch a web browser and search for office.com/setup
- From the main page, click on the sign in button
- If you do not have an account then click on button ‘Create a new account’
- Complete the account sign up process
- Enter your Office setup product key in its respective field and submit
- The product associated with your product key
If you have an Office 365 subscription, you probably have the latest version of Office installed. However, if you are not sure if you have Office 2016 or Office 2013 installed as part of your subscription.