Microsoft Access, a tool to manage data and store essential information on a single platform that is known as a database. This tool is an essential inclusion in the Microsoft Office productivity suite and allows users to examine a large amount of data. They can include information for the purpose of reference, report, and study. Therefore, it has come out as a more efficient tool and has left behind Microsoft Excel and other applications that have a spreadsheet feature.
Speaking about the databases, they are present in the ‘Backstage’ view. You can easily find it in the ‘File’ tab available on the ribbon of the Access. Moreover, there are many commands using which users can accomplish a number of tasks. The Backstage view allows users to create a new database, open the one which is already present, and so on. Therefore, without further ado, let us know how to use Access databases at its best.
Method to create a blank database
Read Also >> How to disable read receipts in Outlook?
To create a web database
- First of all, open ‘Access’ from the Start menu.
- When the Backstage view opens, click the ‘Blank web database’ present under ‘Available templates’.
- Now, move to the right and type a name for it in the available space.
- After this, click on the ‘Create’ option and go to the final step.
- Upon doing so, you will see a new database along with a new table.
To create a desktop database
- After opening Access, click on the ‘Blank database’ option.
- This particular option is available under ‘Available templates’.
- After this, provide a name for the newly created database in the ‘File Name’ field.
- Consecutively, a user needs to click on the ‘Create’ option.
- Once you click on it, you will see a new database and a table.
You can not only create a single database or template, but also several numbers of it.
Steps to create a blank database from a sample template
- Start Access either from its shortcut or from the Start menu.
- When the Backstage view opens, click on the option reading as ‘sample Templates’.
- Browse through all the templates that you may see there.
- After making your choice, click on that particular template.
- Enter a filename as you did in the previous sections.
- Once you do it, a new database from the samples will appear from the template.
- Now, you can start adding information to this particular database template.
Method to create a blank database from Office.com
To create additional templates, this option is considered the best.
- Begin by opening or starting Access.
- When the Backstage view opens, click on a category present under Office.com
- After this, you will see the templates from that category.
- Click on a template of your choice from this group.
- There is also a search box using which you can search for a template.
- Provide a name to your template and then click on the ‘Download’ button.
- Upon downloading the template, Access will create and store it on your device.
You can easily find this template in the ‘My Documents’ folder of your device. You may also find it in the list of most recently used documents that are available on the ‘Recent’ tab. This tab can be found in the ‘Backstage’ view of access. Here, you can easily get your hands on the most lately used databases.